CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

The Detroit Zoo

Monday I decided to take the kids to the Detroit Zoo. I decided that I would surprise Audrey and didn't tell her where we were going. By the time we reached the zoo, she saw the huge water tower and guessed. She was so excited. All she asked about the whole time were the penguins. I decided that would be our last stop. It gives her more motivation to get through the whole zoo.

We started at the butterfly and bird house. Good thing because they make it feel like a rain forest for them. Hot & Humid not my thing. After that we traveled along stopping to see all the animals on the way. I will have a slide show at the end for you all to take a look at. We stopped for a quick snack. I wasn't sure if we were snacking or the peahen thought we were the snack. She was not afraid of us and came quite close. I sort of wanted to freak out but have to remember that what my children see from me they repeat. So, I don't want Audrey to be afraid of things just because her mom is. After that we continued on the path moving from one animal to another. Nate thought that this was a good time to nap. I thought it was a good time to stop for lunch. I could actually sit and eat something. Nathan just wants to eat and go. He doesn't like it when the stroller stops moving.

After lunch we went to the Arctic Ring of Life. This holds the polar bears and seals. Very cool! Ha Ha!! They have a tunnel you walk under where you can see the polar bears and seals swim. I really liked what they did with the exhibit. A short trip to the gift shop. Nate woke up and I gave him some chicken nuggets to eat. We continued on till we came to a grassy picnic area and I let Nate out for a walk. Or a run as he thought it. He has gotten so fast that mom has to pick up the pace. It makes me worried. He's so small, I'm so big running with speed. What would happen if he stopped and I didn't. Anyway, I try to keep to the side and hope all works out. I bribed him with some more chicken and packed him up. Off to the reptiles, amphibians and penguins. All most near the end. She loved the reptiles. The Frogs were really hard to find but the penguins are so cool. I could watch a penguin swim all day. They are so fast and quick with their movements in the water, amazing. So that was our wonderful trip. We all had a good time and Audrey is already to go back again. I thought it would be fun to go back for Halloween.

No comments:

Search This Blog