CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

What to do with all your apples!

Okay, I’m posting an apple recipe I got from my father-in-law, the king of desserts. This uses a small amount of apples, so if you have a lot like I do, make applesauce.

Apple Bars (a cake)

Mix (don’t beat, just stir till smooth)

1 ¾ c. sugar

1 c. salad oil (I use canola oil)

3 eggs

½ tsp. salt

2 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon (I like to use 2 tsp)

1 tsp vanilla

4 large-6small apples; peeled, cored and sliced

Combine all ingredients except apples and stir till smooth.

Then stir in your apples. Pour batter into a greased 9”x13” pan.

Bake at 350oF about 50 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness. Cut when cooled into bars.

Optional: dust cooled cake with powdered sugar and serve

With whipped cream.

If anyone makes this, let me know how you liked it. Happy baking!

1 comment:

Greene Family said...

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try this recipe in the next couple of weeks - thanks for sharing!

Search This Blog