CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Still here!

Audrey has adjusted to kindergarten. Nathan has adjusted to his sister not being here. He really does miss playing with her. But has decided that helping mommy around the house is just as rewarding

vacation to Indy 032

He also loves lying around watching cartoons. He gets the TV all to himself now.

vacation to Indy 002

On Sept. 19th I took the kids to  the apple orchard to pick apples and get goodies. I wanted to pick 1/2 a bushel of apples to make apple sauce. However, filling up 1/2 a bushel goes really fast so I ended up with a full bushel. That’s a lot of apples. I made some applesauce and am putting the rest into some yummy desserts. Maybe I’ll post a recipe. Nate fell asleep for the apple picking. I guess it wasn’t interesting for him. However, the kids really enjoyed the doughnut part. Well, so do I. I took lots of pictures of that. Some may look weird since I’m holding Nate while I take the pictures. Audrey was being silly with her doughnuts. I usually don’t condone playing with your food, but I allowed it this one time.

vacation to Indy 003 vacation to Indy 019 vacation to Indy 020 vacation to Indy 025 vacation to Indy 027 Then we got pumpkin cartoon pictures which was cute.

vacation to Indy 030vacation to Indy 031

The night ended with a beautiful sunset.vacation to Indy 036

The Next weekend was our big trip to Indianapolis for the Medical Conference. Everything turned out well. It was a 5 1/2 hour trip and Nate did great on the way down. Saturday was spent at the hospital to see the doctors. We saw three: Dr. Turner (neurosurgery), Dr. Mackenzie (orthopedic surgery) and Dr. Kerbavaz (ENT). Although I didn’t have any serious concerns, I wanted to make sure that everything was good and our doctors in town we on top of things. We got glowing reports on how well Nate is doing. A blessing in my eyes! I did get some pictures. I took some with my phone which I can’t get off. So nothing from the conference. The two pictures below were from Friday night at the restaurant for dinner. It’s amazing the things he does.

 vacation to Indy 040vacation to Indy 041

Sunday we packed up to come home. After about an hour of driving, Nate got carsick, tossed his cookies (literally) and I was at a rest stop with my car torn apart. I must off looked silly with latex gloves and baby wipes cleaning up puke. Thank goodness once back on the road, Nate fell asleep and it was a nice quiet travel back.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am so glad Nate got a glowing health report card! YAY! Sorry about his getting sick in the car. YUCK! Poor kiddo.
I love the pics from apple picking. I don't condone playing with food either-but I think Audrey was perfectly appropriate! She was just being cute and silly! Glad you have found a little helper around the house!

Melissa Swartley said...

Very cute apple picking pictures! Sounds like you'll be making lot's of apple deserts! Yay for a good doctors report! Sorry to hear that Nate got sick though! I hope all is well now!

Greene Family said...

I'm glad to hear that both Audrey and Nate have adjusted to Audrey being in kindergarten!
Cute apple picking pictures! It looks like you guys had a fun day! Yum - you'll have to post one of your apple dessert recipes! We are hoping to go apple picking this weekend!
Yay for glowing doctor reports! Sorry to hear that Nate got car sick on the drive home though!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures. Glad Audrey has adjusted to Kindergarten. Hard transition for kids. It is nice for Nate to now have some alone time and mommy time.

Search This Blog