CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

This Past Week

I’m really exhausted from everything that went on. The most from the weekend. I need to get some sleep and take care of myself. Overall, the kids had a great time and that makes me feel good.

Saturday, Audrey had her fall festival for school. It took place at a corn maze. There was face painting, pumpkin painting, bounce house, petting farm, mini haunted house, hay bale pyramid, hay bale maze and the big corn maze. So after the kids did the small stuff we entered the corn maze. They took off like bats out of hell. I’m screaming for them to get back to me (Audrey took her friend). Once I had them by me we walked through the maze. They did give me a map but I didn’t think anything of it at the time. I was naive to think we couldn’t get lost. We did. We made it up to the word LIONS and into the football players shoulder or hand. That’s how lost I was. So I whipped out the map, I can read maps. Apparently, it’s not in between the lines you follow but the actual lines themselves. Oops! We only walked in a circle 4 times before I realized this. Fed up and the kids asking over and over again when we are getting out of this, I decided to back track. Finally, came across some stroller wheel marks. What relief!! You won’t find me in a corn maze or a corn field ever again. BTW, didn’t think through the whole pushing a stroller through dirt and mud (aka “a field”). Don’t recommend it but in the end it was a saving grace to get us out.

Sunday, Audrey had a birthday party at the bounce house. My original plan was to stay but I felt bad that Nate couldn’t bounce. He wanted to so bad. They had nothing there to entertain toddlers. At 1pm I decided to depart and take Nate over to McDonald’s for lunch. He enjoyed his nugget happy meal. By the time we got back the kids had finished eating and were about to open presents. Nate enjoyed that and I got to talk to one of the moms. I was happy that all the running around was done. Enjoy the pictures below

The kids 006 The kids 007

The kids 016 The kids 022 The kids 018

The kids 020 The kids 021

I finally got around to cleaning up the basement from all that collects down there. I had a little helper, even if he played more with the toys. I think the toy vacuum counts. After I was all down this is where I found Nate.

The kids 002

We also got a new washer. He found it cool that he could sit inside this piece of Styrofoam.

The kids 001

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend you had! Much more fall looking than it feels out here in Cali.

Kim said...

I love all the pictures Nate looks so cute in his orange hat! I love the picture of him conked out on the floor-so adorable! It appears Audrey had a great time at her fall festival. Those corn mazes are tricky-we did one this year at the pumpkin farm and I pushed the stroller through it too-and it was NOT easy!

Greene Family said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a fun weekend! When Simon finds new seats like the styrofoam Nate found, we get stuck with it being in the house so much longer than we planned, but he has so much fun with his new finds!

Search This Blog