CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Looking for Suggestions

I’ve been thinking about the colder months coming ahead. In the winter, Audrey can’t wait to play in the snow and I know that Nate will too. But for snow pants I don’t know what to do. Nate’s in about a 9month pant and that puts him in infants. So, the options I have are full body suits which don’t allow movement. They are mostly meant for immobile infants. Did anyone do something for their little ones? Do you have ideas on what I can do or where to shop for what I need? I would greatly appreciate it. Just to add, I live in Michigan.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had 12 moth snow pants cut off and hemmed for our little guy. They will still fit this winter as well.

Jess said...

I wore a snowsuit when I went to the snow and I could move. I just brought it off ebay.

Kim said...

Let me see if I still have Preston's old snowpants-they were 12 month size from Target and he wore them twice. I don't think I gave them away before I moved last year. You can have them.
Also I just read your post about Audrey-I cried for half the year going to kindergarten, but had a ton of friends and liked my teacher. One of the reasons was (so I'm told) is the three younger kids were at home and I thought they were having fun without me. Audrey will be fine. At least she is ok during the day! She looked really pretty on her first day!

Melissa Swartley said...

I'm totally in the same boat as you right now with Sonya... but the full body suit that I have has removable feet, so that I can put boots on her... just wish she was walking... she'd enjoy it better!

Laura Wolf said...

Thank-you for your suggestions. I hope that I can get around hemming the bottoms. I tied 12 months on Nate. I was wrong to think he was ready for this size. I guess a lot of hit or miss. I'll see what I can find. Kim, if you find them send me an email, address on right side of my page.

Greene Family said...

I was thinking of either hemming snow pants for Simon this year, or like Melissa mentioned, getting a full body suit with the removable feet for him. I saw the full body suits with the removable feet at places like Sears and Children's Place last winter.

Search This Blog