CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Kids Play Dress Up, Garden Surprise, Nate’s Ortho Appt.

After the Birthday Party Audrey attended on Sunday, She received a few party favors. The theme was “rodeo” and the kids had fun playing around with the party favors. Here is what they did.

As you can see, no one wanted me taking pictures. That’s become a new thing around here. I’m starting to look crazy chasing everyone for pictures. They run away like I’m the paparazzi or something.

This afternoon, I went outside to water my garden. A few days earlier, I had Audrey pull up the potato plants to see if we got anything. Well, there was a little something

cowboy garden 008

Two small potatoes. I was glad to see something grew but since the soil was really crummy where we planted them, I wasn’t surprised. Or at least not till this afternoon. I sprayed some water on where the potatoes use to be and then I saw it.

cowboy garden 009 Eureka, One normal sized potato. Hey, ones better than none and the potatoes were really an after thought. Wait, I can’t believe I’m bragging about “a potato.” I just need to move on.

Nate had his appt with the Orthopedic Surgeon today. We arrived 15 minutes early for that dreaded paperwork you have to fill out. Funny thing, Dr. Jones (ortho) shares a waiting room with Dr. Madgy (ENT). So Nate was really comfortable there and enjoyed playing with the other kids. There were a couple of cute Kodak moments. Maybe I should carry my camera always? Anyway, of course the referral for the appt was not completed so I had to call the pediatricians office. This took away from me filling out paperwork and keeping an eye on Nate. Once that was squared away, I sat down to finish the paperwork and got called back to the room. In the room, once again I fill out paperwork and in walks the doctor.

We talk about Nate and he orders us to get an x-ray of Nate’s legs. I just wanted him to be assessed for the bowing of legs and make sure no spine issues. So, I have to go down a floor to imaging. I stop off at the desk and mention I didn’t get the paperwork filled out. No biggie they said. The paperwork was practical in triplicate anyway. All in all, Nate’s right leg bows slightly more than his left but there is no concern with problems. Dr. Jones had mentioned that he has done surgery(or seen) other dwarfs which made me feel comfortable with choosing him. Sometimes you never know if you are the first one they’ve seen. So we were in and out pretty fast which is good. Audrey and I had dentist appt this morning to get our teeth clean. We both did great and the total cavities between us total: 0! (Knock on wood!!!) Surprised you. You were expecting a bigger number, right? Well, I think I’ll call it a night.

5 comments:

Greene Family said...

The dress up pictures are so cute!
Yay for the surprise potato in your garden!
I'm glad Nate's ortho appt went well and that there are no concerns with his legs! I'm glad your dentist appts went well too!

Kim said...

The doggie dress up pics were cute. Sometimes kids don't want to cooperate with the camera. I like your potatos! I'm impressed considering I grow nothing. Good news on Nate's appointment! That is wonderful. And it is reassuring when you find a doctor that is not running back to Web MD to try to find out about achon!

Unknown said...

Always happy to hear it when one finds a great doctor or at least one that they are comfortable with...definitely a plus when they have had experience with dwarfism! Congrats on the potatoes...I really need to get a garden but I have a black thumb.

Melissa Swartley said...

I love the dress up pictures! Too cute! Woo hoo for the surprise potatoes! I'm so glad to hear that all the appointments went well! Great news! :)

Frances said...

It's always so cute to see either kids or our furry friends play dress up with CostumeExpress.

Search This Blog