CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

It’s Gonna Happen

So several times I’ve attempted to put together a post. I type a few words and then have to attend to something. By the time I get back to it emotions have changed and I just trash the thoughts. This time, I’m posting while finishing dinner and am determined to finish. Even if it’s a mish mosh of thoughts.

We’ve been getting things put together so Audrey is already to start kindergarten. We go Monday for school pictures and to find out her teacher and other stuff. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time. This is such a big deal for me. My baby is 5 1/2 and going to school. Makes me feel old. Sept. 2nd is the open house. That should be exciting. I don’t know if it is for returning students or just new students but we should get to know the staff and the layout of the school. She starts in 2 weeks, Sept. 8th. We took a trip to the library to get books. We like to read before bedtime. It helps encourage her to get to bed.

We also have ventured into new territory. Matt decided to buy a 1/4 cow. Thinking that this may help food cost in the long run. We did get things inexpensive and after all the meat is the freshest you can get. Things I didn’t know: meat at the store has been “hanging” around dead for a few months and to make it “look” fresh (red) to the customer, they pump carbon dioxide into the packaging. I think that is about all I care to know. We have tried it and it is tender and delicious. We also got some fresh pork chops and bacon, also very good.

Other then that things have settled down around here. I have Nate going to the eye doctor on the 18th of Sept. That reminds me, I need to make an appt. too. It’s been 3 yrs. I’m also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my neighbor’s baby. Her little girl is due in 2 weeks. Her son and Nate are 6 weeks apart and Audrey and her daughter love to play together. I just want to hold a newborn again. I miss them when their that small, but happy that I am all done. I look forward to them exiting the toddler stage.

So, I’ll just leave you with some cute pictures of the kids. You know, “the usual!”

Nate 001

Audrey and Nate playing Whack-A-Mole

Nate 002

You can see Nate’s good at whacking the mole!

Nate 004 Nate 003 Nate 005

Nate got a new pair of shoes. One of Three that his grandpa found. Thank-you Bubba!!

Nate 006 Nate 007 

This picture was too cute. Audrey got a new webkinz, which Nate just loves. Funny, because he never would go for stuff animals until this one. So, he carried it into his room and sat on his Little People School that makes noise. It’s more fun to use your butt or you feet. It’s like the rug you sit on for reading time in school.

5 comments:

Kim said...

The kids play so well together. Hopefully that continues for many years to come-until Audrey thinks her little brother and his friends are annoying! LOL! I love Nate's curly hair. It's just so precious. He is a cutie pie! Love the new shoes as well. Super adorable.

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww! They are so sweet playing together! We love Wack a Mole! Very cute shoes! Great pic's!

Anthea said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog....you have a beautiful family. Nate and Audrey are just gorgeous.

I too love the shoes - finding shoes for Tori is the bane of our existence right now.

Greene Family said...

Adorable pictures! I love that last one of Nate! It is so great that your kids play so well together! Cute new shoes too!

Miche said...

Just found your blog because you are following mine. Love it!

Nate is adorable :)

Search This Blog