CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

My Boys Growing!!

Well, of course we know that. Nate had his 18 month well check today. We had some good news and bad news. Actually, I already knew the bad news. Since Nate didn’t receive his shots at 15 months, he had to get them now. All 4 of them. Poor baby! But the good news is that he is all set till 4 years of age. Whoo-hoo!! We had to wait a little longer than usually and I wasn’t sure how Nate would hold out. Last time he was ready to get out of there way before the doctor came to see us. This time he had fun entertaining himself and me. He had to check out all the new trinkets and of course “do a little dance” while we waited. I know I’m completely bias but he is so cute and such a ham.

We got gold stars from the doctor for him being a healthy, busy, growing little boy. I talked to her about seeing and orthopedist and eye doctor. Just to check to see if everything is okay. I managed to remember to write my list and ask my questions except for one. The one about doing blood work for Nate’s dwarfism. I guess that answers how much it really worries me. I feel like I should have the word “Duh” stamped on my forehead. Anyway, I will try to plot Nate’s stats in the growth chart. For now here they are.

18 Month Growth Data Height: 28 inches (up 1 1/4) Weight: 20 lbs 6 oz (up 2 lbs 5 oz) Head: 20 1/4 (no new growth~good!)

A Little Venting~Good for the Soul

So I’ve been paying on a hospital bill since I had Nate back in 1/2008. All fine and dandy until 1/2009 when the hospital adds a charge in Nathan’s name. I contacted billing and was told~I’m sorry that was to go to the insurance company don’t worry about it. So I didn’t, but got worried because it took them two months to rebill me. Now it’s 4/2009 and Nate’s charge was removed from my bill and I figured insurance has paid it. Now comes my 7/2009 bill and there is the charge for Nate. I call again and am told that it is my responsibility. Okay then, let me give you Nate’s secondary insurance information (Medicaid).

And you know what she says, “ I’m sorry but it has been over a year and we can’t take it now.” Okay, whose fault is that. She says, “you never supplied that information to us.” I say, “why would I give my son’s insurance info for a bill in my name. Give me your manager. So that’s where it’s at, waiting for a call back from the manager. I’m in one hell of a fight to get this paid otherwise I’m coughing up the money. All because of the accounts department. Oh boy, just wait till they hear from me. I’m not paying out of pocket. Thanks for listening, I feel better.

3 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Sounds like Nate is doing awesome! Haha! I know how you feel about having it stamped on your forehead! I forget important questions all the time! You know what, we just have triple the amount of stuff to remember in comparison to parents of average children, so it's bound to happen! I forgot to ask Sonya's ortho about her degrees of bowing and angulation just after her cast was removed yesterday! Geez! I hear ya on the insurance crap too! That's exactly what it is too... CRAP! I hope it all gets sorted out and that it doesn't fall on your shoulders to pay up! Insurance companies need to get their act together when it comes to billing! I had similar stuff happen to us and it took them over a year to fix the problem! Grrrr!!! Vent away!!! We completely understand the frustration of it all! I'm looking forward to Sonya's 18 month checkup tomorrow, I'll have to see how she measures up with Nate being the same age!

Unknown said...

Sounds like Nate is doing wonderful! Billing can be a nightmare. They never seem to be able to keep things straight. Keep track of dates, whom you speak to. Good luck.

Greene Family said...

It sounds like Nate is doing great! He and Simon are about the same size! You should video tape his dancing - I can just picture how cute he is dancing!
Good luck with the insurance! I just can't believe the things insurance companies do/get away with! Keep at it - it should definitely be there problem to deal with and not yours, so give them an ear full!

Search This Blog