CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Greenfield Village

Friday, I took the kiddos to Greenfield Village. We met up with their cousins for one last rendezvous before they headed back to Arizona. We had a great time and wore ourselves out. Mainly due to the 85 degree weather and the humidity. The kids loved the carousel and Nate got his first ride. Afterwards, we waited for every ones second ride and Nate started dancing to the music. Adorable, even more so if I actually had my camera in hand instead it was in the stroller. So this morning while he watched Imagination Movers on Disney, I got the dancing on video. I also have been slacking in keeping up with the pictures of my garden. I'm pretty much waiting for harvest time as the veggies are growing and needing to ripen. But, I did pull one of my beets and boy are they big. My first beet measured about 4 inches in length. That's about the size of your fist. Can't wait to taste it. Also, I took a crack at making a pie from scratch. It came out really yummy! It was a blueberry & nectarine pie and I even made the pretty lattice work for the crust. Shhh! Don't tell but the little play-doh wheel from my daughter's play-doh set worked great for that.





This is the Roundhouse and then Audrey got to move, by hand, the turn-table
which weighed 42 tons.


Audrey wanted to do the horse ride but I had to much gear and a stroller. Next time we will. My nephew, Conner, who will be 7 next month got up at the Thomas Edison presentation and read a newspaper article about him. He did a wonderful job and reads at a 3rd/4th grade level.



Barber shop quartet and Audrey on the carousel.


Nate and I on the carousel. Audrey with the statue of Henry Ford.

The Entrance.

Nate Dancing

4 comments:

Kim said...

OMG! That video is PRECIOUS! He is too cute. I just want to eat him up! Greenfield Village looks like a really cool place to visit. It appears Audrey really enjoyed it. Preston would love the roundhouse!

Melissa Swartley said...

OMG! Soooo cute! What an adorable dancer! You gotta love Imagination Mover's for that! My girls love the show and Sonya loves to wiggle it in her spica cast to their songs! Looks like you al had a great time in Greenfield Village and WOW!, that really is a big beet! I hope it tasted as yummy as it looked!

Tonya said...

We were just talking about going the other day!! We should, I know the kids would enjoy it now their older! Fun times!!

Amico Dio said...

OH he is just too cute!!

Dance baby dance! :)

btw... impressive work on that pie. I can't bake for anything!

Search This Blog