CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Garden Week 11

Okay, first things first. I’ve decided to switch over to Windows Live and see how I like it. Maybe I can express myself better. I’ve been neglecting my garden. In my posts I mean. Last I mentioned I had pulled a beet. It was very yummy and decided it was time to pull the rest of them. I got 10-12 beets and just need to get them canned. I really should be more prepared. Everything else is coming along. I picked a cucumber and Audrey and I snacked on it while playing Go Fish. It was so crisp! You can’t get that in the store. Next we are waiting for our corn and tomatoes. They will be ready in the next week or two. I’ve picked some peppers (hot ones) and those I use in salsa. I usually make raw salsa but thought this year I would cook and can it. New adventure! Also, Audrey planted sunflowers and they have finally started to bloom. Sadly, I only got a few peas and beans. While I was on vacation my husband was left to water them. Of course we got no rain and hot weather and since they weren’t “in” the garden, my husband didn’t water them for 4 days. That was enough to kill them. Even if I watered them they wouldn’t have recovered. Oh well, you really need lots of those plants anyway to get a good yield and I just don’t have that space. So here are a few pictures.

garden 001 garden 004 garden 002garden 003

LiveJournal Tags:

1 comment:

Greene Family said...

I love your garden updates and pictures! Audrey's sunflowers are beautiful! When I was younger, my older brother and I used to sneak over to our neighbor's and eat seeds from their sunflowers all of the time! :)
Simon and I are actually going to pick our first cucumbers from the garden today, which is so exciting to me! :) We have a bunch of watermelons and peppers growing too, and the pumpkins are really trying to just take over the entire garden!

Search This Blog