CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Good Food and Yummy Too!

While I was up north over the 4th of July weekend. We traveled into Traverse City which holds their annual Cherry Festival. There was lots going on but my favorite stops are the goodies. I thought I would share them with you and I think they are great gift ideas also.

Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter was where I got to try some flavored natural peanut butter. I tried two: Mocha and Butter Toffee. My favorite was the butter toffee but they offer lots of flavors and almond butter. Very good for you.

Popkies Gourmet Popcorn was a store that we stopped off at to get the kids a healthier snack then all the carnival food. There specialize in flavored popcorn. Very tasty! I tried cheese, dill pickle, Cajun, and buffalo wings. Surprisingly, I really liked the buffalo wing flavor. But they have chocolate favors of popcorn which is something I’ll have to try.

Food For Thought I didn’t get to try. So many people and I was trying to keep an eye on 4 kids and 3 other adults. But you can check out the website. They have jams, syrups, coffee, mixes and other little goodies.

Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate is one place I would have been all over. I love chocolate and this is a chocolate lovers paradise. Sadly, I never saw a booth offering free samples of chocolate. Somehow, I’ll have to sneak that in so I won’t have to share. LOL!!

Stone House Bread I did try. I got some ciabatta bread and it was good. I like making crispy toast with it.

These other sites I’m going to add. We only got their cherry lemonade. It was really good. Too hot to buy a cup of coffee, even though I wanted some.                                       Light of Day Organic Teas                                                                        Higher Ground Trading Co.~roastery & coffee bar

 

2 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! That sounds like a ton of really yummy food! Glad you had a great time! Sonya just had her 18 month checkup and she is just a tad bit smaller than Nate. She is 27 inches and 17 lbs 13 oz. Just thought I would share with you since our cuties are the same age! :)

Kim said...

Yummy food! I also did not comment on your last post-I am so behind, but I cannot fully recall Preston's measurements. I think at two he was 30 1/2 or 31 and at 3 he was 33 or 33 1/4 and I have no clue how tall he is now-a bit over 34??? I have to measure him. Nate sounds like he is doing wonderful!

Search This Blog