CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Audrey's Birthday

We finally had the wind-down and it ended with Audrey's birthday party. In all she had 9 kids come so it was a great turn out. I was disappointed that only 3 girls from her class came. We celebrated at a bounce house. The kids got to get their bottled up energy out and enjoy some pizza and cake. It was fun watching them bounce and then scamble when it was time to do the pinata. Audrey got a lot of great stuff from her friends and should be all set with Littlest Pet Shop for awhile. I even got Nate into one of the jumpers (he actually did it on his own) and enjoyed it so much I had to get Audrey to get him out.

Next to come was Valentine's Day. It's actually my least favorite holiday so I'm happy when it's over. Audrey had a nice party at school and came home with a big bag of candy. After that it's been quiet except for our weather. We had a couple good snowfalls in February one resulting in a snowday for Audrey. I think the other should have been a snowday too.

Audrey has been doing well in Daisies and her Cookie Sales. They just finished their last sales in a grocery store near us and will soon learn of the final count. Besides cookies their is another event that Girl Scouts across America participate in-SWAPS ( Special Whatchamacalits Affectionately Placed Somewhere). For this event we are to make 100 items that can be pinned. For all of those that are crafty ladies this would be a dream. I consider myself "somewhat crafty" and therefore struggled with something cute, creative and cheaply made (yes, cheaply made is the main idea here). I decided to do a FIMO clay daisy with a spakle glue center and a pin on the back. The time involved in this was grossly underestimated but I only have 30 more to go. I have until the 27th.

We have some upcoming events this March
  1. Yearly check-ups
  2. Parent/Teacher Conferences
  3. Baby Shower
  4. A Concert!!!!!
  5. Girl Scout Swaps
  6. A very special birthday!!
  7. One Year Anniversery of my Blog!!

Some of you FB friends have heard about my sad computer. The motherboard went and it is out for repairs for 3 weeks. So there will be no pictures just some quick thoughts put down. I'm 2 weeks behind on all my other blogs. I've missed so much stuff. I also can't wait for winter to be over. I'm feeling the winter blues. I miss the sun, I need sun. I want to open my house and have the fresh breeze come through. I want to fire-up the grill and throw some chicken on. I miss going fo walks and the kids playing outside. Nate is showing signs of cabin fever. Soon, soon there will be the first signs of life again. Come on birds, come on flowers, let me know that there is hope.

7 comments:

Destini said...

Sounds like Audrey had a great birthday! I know what you mean about being disappointed in the turnout, for Taylor's birthday party last October, we invited the entire class (20 kids) and 2 showed up. Yep, 2. Luckily she had a few other friends come so she really didn't notice.

Tay is also in Daisies, although we haven't heard anything about SWAPS yet...maybe Friday. Sounds like you did adorable pins, but I can imagine they are time consuming! I made suckers into flowers for Taylor's valentines - yep, picture cutting 6 hearts for petals and 2 leaves for each sucker...times 20 suckers!

Sounds like a busy time ahead, but lots of fun! Hope you get your computer back up and running so we can enjoy pictures of those kiddos!

Unknown said...

Sorry about your disappointment in show of kids in Audrey's class. Nice turnout though and sounds like she had a great time. Ashleigh's troop is doing well too on her cookie sales! Yay for Girl Scouts! Hope your computer is fixed soon!

Melissa Swartley said...

Sounds like Audrey had a wonderful birthday despite the show of kids from her class! Holy moley, you have a busy month ahead! Sorry to hear about your computer! Hope things are fixed soon!

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. My motherboard went and I just had all the data recovered but the hard drive was done. In fact I need to take a bat to it and throw it out-it's been sitting in the garage.
Sounds like Audrey had a great birthday. Preston loves parties at the bounce house places.
Thank you for the visions of spring. I love spring and it is very slow this year even making its way to Virginia. UGH! I cannot wait for the warm breeze and BBQs! Hang in there.

Greene Family said...

It sounds like Audrey had a great birthday! Sorry about the disappointment in show of kids from her class though.
I hope your computer is fixed soon! Have fun with all of the upcoming events on your calendar - sounds buys, but fun!

Greene Family said...

oops - supposed to say busy, but fun! :)

Fauziah said...

hello
i'm from malaysia. i have a girl with achondroplasia. hope we can share about our special kids.

Search This Blog