CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Just another week with pictures!!

Time does fly by, especially when you don’t have a computer. It took 3 weeks but our computer came back to us. It’s working great, faster then ever! I hope I don’t have to deal with this again for a long, long time.

Amidst all the chaos, my blog is officially one years old. It’s amazing how that time goes by. I started my blog in hopes to keep everyone (mostly my family) up to date on the things we were doing and how Nate was progressing. I never knew that I would find a new family in all the wonderful bloggers out there. I look forward to meeting some of you this summer in Nashville.

We also had parent/teacher conferences at Audrey’s school. This time around she got to show us all she was learning. It was wonderful to see her come so far. She sat down and read us a book. She is so proud of being able to read. She loves school. Her writing is also improving. Audrey gets so excited that she tends to work to fast. I think she is afraid of not having enough time to do everything. We are working with her to slow down. Quality over quantity! The teacher did reveal that Audrey is a “mother hen,” meaning she is a tattle-tail in order to keep everyone in line. That is also something we need to work on. Although she is showing “leadership skills,” it needs to be done in a more productive way.

Over the weekend I attended my friends baby shower. Aleksander J was born on 3/3/10 seven weeks early due to preclamsia. He did very well, never had to be put on oxygen and came home 2 weeks later. Because of all that happening she was 45 minutes late to the shower. I was happy when she came. I’ll have to remember to eat a little something before hand. I was starving since it had been 7 hours since breakfast. Now I just wait until the baby can have visitors.

Once again, the kids are sick. Audrey started it with a sinus and double ear infection. After 5 days of cold symptoms with Nate not getting better, I took him to the doctor. Nate’s ears were heading toward being infected again and he was put on antibiotics. Somewhere he must have gotten the idea that running and hiding from mom would ensure no medicine. Wrong! Even if I catch up to him, he thinks it is funny to raspberry them to my face. Not funny! Nate cries then laughs. I only have to do this twice a day for 10 days!

march2010 205

march2010 209  march2010 210

march2010 207 march2010 219

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Just wanted to say I love the pics of your kids!! So cute!!!!

Destini said...

Cute picture! Sounds like Audrey is doing well in school - Taylor is having trouble remembering to leave space between her words when she writes. Hope both the kiddos are back to 100% soon - and don't you love the medicine fight? Never fun!

Kim said...

Great pics of the kids! It appears Audrey is going to be a straight A student! Other than the tattling-but isn't that totally normal at this age?
Love the new pics of Nate. Would he take the meds with a dropper? Sometimes Pres is a champ, other times he hates them.

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh geez! The medicine raspberries! Sonya totally does that! Sounds like Aubrey is doing great in school! We have the same issue right now with Zoe... she likes to work quick! Quality over quantity! I hope both kiddos are feeling better now!!! Glad you have your computer back!!! :)

Search This Blog