CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

What's in a Name?

Nathan is really progressing into the toddler stage. I have enjoyed watching him play and explore his world around him. He recently got a music set from grandpa. It's a drum, maraca, flute, castanets and a kazoo. He picked up real fast how to play ALL the instruments. This morning I sat him down with the drum as the Happy Monster Band was on Disney and it was so cute watching him play along. He's been learning how to run (no thanks to his sister) but it's still to much for him. For Pete's sake, the kid just learned to walk. I'm just thankful the kids are getting along and Audrey enjoys playing with her brother.
All this has got me thinking about how our kids are a gift from God. I'm sure when we all heard the diagnosis of Achondroplasia dwarfism from the doctors we wonder why God chose us. Or maybe "why us?" in general. I've had a long time to think about that. I grew up with a sister who had cerebral palsy, many times I wonder why God had done this to my sister. Why can't we just be a normal family? "What is normal?" That you have to figure out on you own, normal changes. But I believe that my sister was who she was to change people for the better. We learn from those that are different. It is our voice and our stories that help to better the world. Anyway, getting back to what's in a name, I thought about the meaning of my children's names. Now I may have at one point of known the meanings when we chose their names but of course don't now. Today, I looked up Nathan and Audrey's names to see their meanings.
Audrey: Noble Strength
Nathan: God has Given
So of course I have to read more into it then really what's there. So, if children are a gift of God, then God has given me Noble Strength. And now I know why I was chosen to have a son with dwarfism and what I must do with the gift given to me. I want to point out that this is pure coincidence and names were not chosen for their meanings.

No comments:

Search This Blog