CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Go Go Go Fish!!!

First, I liked to say that it's all my fault. Everyone kept saying they couldn't post comments and I thought it was something with them. So, I decided I'd try to post my own comment and I couldn't. What gives? So I redid my settings which finally allowed me to post a comment. Maybe I can hear from you all now.

Nana's 90!!!
Wall art at the restaurant
What happens when a boy hangs out with all women.
Nate loved his swing!
Some good old fashion fun!
Pretzel monster!
Nate and his bus.

My Nana celebrated 90 years on the 23rd. Go Nana!! My mom (who's in from Iowa), Aunt Kathy, myself and the kids went up North for Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time. We started by hitting the outlet mall on the way up. I had some stuff to return and it gave me an excuse to go shopping. After that we picked up some lunch. I have never feed Nathan fast food but I figured it would be the easiest thing to do. I got him chicken nuggets from Wendy's and can you believe it, Nate ate 4 1/2 nuggets. What a piggy! It's now his new favorite food and can he inhale them.


So back on the freeway my mom decides that since the one outlet didn't have what see wanted we should try the other outlet. Yes, there are two on the way up I-75. I agreed since Wendy's gave me sweetened ice tea. Gross. They had to have dumped a 5 lb bag of sugar into it and to top it all off, they doused their fries with so much salt which made me parched. By the time we arrived there Nate was cranky. I let my mom shop and I took Nate out of his car seat. He got to play driver while I looked for his binky. How cute he was behind the wheel. Kodak moment, or at least I thought but the camera had another idea. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't work. After I got Nate back into his seat, my mom discovered the battery was in upside down. But the plus side was I found Nate's binky so he could take his nap. It was in a safe spot in my pocket the whole time.


We pushed through the rest of the way and were happy to arrive at our new resting grounds. We took it pretty easy. Friday we shopped in Elk Rapids. Saturday we had birthday lunch at Pearl's (a Cajun restaurant) and then headed over to do some shopping in Alden. I let the kids pick out on item to buy. Audrey picked a Chihuahua lil'kin webkinz and Nate picked a die cast yellow school bus. We took a stroll down to the docks to see Torch Lake. It was really windy and cold. We didn't see any fish but found a crayfish. Audrey was so excited. We'll be going back for the 4th of July and hopefully get to do some fishing. Sunday we went back to Alden, they have this muffin place I really like and I wanted to get spices from their mill house. The kids got to play at the park but mom forgot her camera. I got some pics from the other park we visited. I guess I'll have to duct tape it to myself. Nate really likes to swing. Later that night we had s'mores and boy! was Audrey wearing it. We packed up Monday and came home.


We were disappointed that we didn't see BOB (the bobcat). He was sited the previous two days before we headed up. But we did see deer, rabbits, birds, chipmunks, lots of bugs and a skunk. Thank God we were indoors when that skunk came by.


And to note on the title, there was endless rounds of Go Fish and Old Maid because that is all Audrey wanted to do up North.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I can finally leave a comment! Nate is such a cutie pie. I love his hair. I also must say your garden looks great!

Becky said...

What a fun filled weekend! I hope you found some time to relax too!

Kasia and Amelia said...

What a lovely pictures! I love your picture stories! Nate is precious! What a sweet, angel face! You have beautiful son Laura! Lots of love to you from us!

Search This Blog