CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Good-bye Easter

I'm starting to think that Nathan has an allergy to holidays. What a week I have had. Nathan was sick just before Christmas and now he was sick for Easter. Wednesday night he began vomiting which followed with diarrhea on Thursday. I was worried that it might be something more severe than the stomach flu and kept forcing liquids down him. The poor little guy just cried (more like screamed) in pain. I felt I was a zombie from lack of sleep and exhaustion. Then, Easter Sunday we had to make a trip to the E.R. Nathan was screaming non-stop in pain, his abdomen was distended and he was all backed up. One extreme to the other but they helped him feel better for a little while. Finally, tonight he showed that he was on the road to recovery. I got him to laugh and smile and play with a toy. I just can't wait to have my little boy back. Oh and the real topper on the cake is once again (for the 4th time) Nate has an ear infection. Last time he was on antibiotics for 25 days to clear it up. Which in part may have lower his resistance and why he got sick this time. I am definitely going to get those tubes put in his ears.

Well, since that's how I spent my Easter, I didn't get to see my family. No pictures, no seeing Audrey's face as she opened her Easter basket at Grandma & Grandpa's and no dying Easter Eggs. I feel that Easter didn't really happen. Heck I feel as if I lost 5 days but if you look around my house, you'll see those 5 days alright. Lots of work ahead of me.

I was pondering a thought tonight: Does this down economy contribute to more women getting pregnant? Is there going to be another baby boom? I know some women who said they were done having kids get some surprise news.???

No comments:

Search This Blog