CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Low-Key Thanksgiving

We have kept ourselves busy from Halloween to Thanksgiving. Mostly the normal things like running to the store and taking Audrey to school but also with other things I rather not have to deal with. Yes, it’s that time of year. Where sickness enters your home and doesn’t want to leave. It all started with Nathan one night spiking a fever. It went away the next day but two days after that I had it. It felt like the flu without all the nasty trips to the bathroom. Then soon past but not before I could tell that Audrey was fighting something off. Before I knew it she was barking like a seal, croup. How far away can you stay when your cooped up in the house. Not far enough because she passed it to her brother. Nate’s fever got up to 103.8F and lasted almost 12 hours. If it hadn’t broken in the morning I would be in the ER with him. The worst of it was that the kids were sick for Thanksgiving. Nate was finally at the age to enjoy a real turkey meal but he didn’t want to eat. I had Audrey home for a 1 1/2 weeks between the vacation days and sick days and I needed a break. Couldn’t wait for school on Monday but Sunday night mom just wasn’t feeling right. I had a fever of 101F and woke up the next morning tired. I took Audrey to school. Later that day I started a headache and soon a cough followed. That cough lasted 4 days non-stop. Finally went to the doctor since I was sure I had an ear infection now. Little did I know that my coughing was due to bronchitis and the doc confirmed an ear infection. Today the kids are better and I’m feeling good but can’t hear since both my ears are plugged up.

Audrey did get her letter from Santa and she was really excited. I don’t think that she wanted to show me how excited she was. She’s at a funny point where she doesn’t want to express her full emotions but I knew it made her happy. Enjoy the pictures to follow and the video of Audrey.

Dec 5 2009 162


Dec 5 2009 152 Dec 5 2009 165 Dec 5 2009 170I was trying to get a nice picture of the kids. They were not cooperating. I got a nice one of Audrey and the ugly cry from Nate. He didn’t want his picture taken with his sister.

Dec 5 2009 175 Dec 5 2009 176

Dec 5 2009 180 Dec 5 2009 182

T-day table setting and Nate playing with the door. It squeaked!

Dec 5 2009 181

Matt and Audrey doing a book puzzle

Dec 5 2009 185

Nate’s new head light gear. He thought it was cool for 5 minutes.

5 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh no! That stinks that the kids got really sick for Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is feeling much better now! Love all the pictures, especially the last one of Nate with his head light gear! Too cute!

Greene Family said...

I hope everyone is feeling much better now! That's a bummer that both Audrey and Nate were sick for Thanksgiving!
Too cute - love Audrey's letter from Santa and her Nice List Certificate! Adorable pictures! What a sad cry from Nate though! Simon loves playing with his daddy's head light like the one Nate has!

Kim said...

Sorry that you had been sick for the holidays! SUCKS! Hopefully it has moved out and will stay out for Christmas. I love the newest pictures, especially the one of Nate in his orange shirt. I will never get enough of those curls. I love the video of Audrey getting the letter read to her by you from Santa. What a very lucky girl!

Ashley's Mom said...

My goodness, what a time you had:o( We've been through the same things, here, today was the first day in I can't remember how long I wasn't wiping or sucking Michael or Ashley's noses out. Hope you're feeling better now:o)

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about everyone being sick during Thanksgiving...not much fun. You still managed some cute pics of the kids.

Search This Blog