CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Ho Ho Holiday #1

Tuesday was the day to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. It was a small gathering of my husband and kids with my aunt and grandma. We celebrated at my aunt’s house which is always beautifully decorated for the holiday. Since the kids are so anxious to open presents we did so before Christmas dinner. They received a bag full of goodies, one being a Hersey Kisses cane which was the perfect size for Nate. He enjoyed walking around the house using it as a cane. The kids got a lot of wonderful stuff and Nathan is still afraid of his remote control skidster. It will be awhile till he can brave that.

Christmas 2009 009 Christmas 2009 006

Ho Ho Holiday #2

The next celebration was Christmas Day at our house. I really thought that we would make it to 7 am before the kids would be up. I was wrong. I was gently nudged and whispered to in my ear at 4am by Audrey. I mumbled back to get back to bed. Soon after I heard her singing in her bed in which I had to tell her to go back to sleep. 5 am rolls around and I hear in my ear, “mom, I know what Santa brought me!” Go back to sleep Audrey!! At 5:30 I finally gave in and we gathered to open presents. Audrey was ready to tear into everything, forgetting that there were presents for her brother. I got her to slow down and read the gift tags. Nate wasn’t to sure what he was suppose to be doing. He insisted on taking off his PJ’s. I had him in a cute footed sleeper, which he hates because his feet are covered. You’ll notice his homage to the 70’s with the sleeper half unzipped in some pictures. But he finally understood that ripping paper off to see what’s inside can be fun. The kids were happy with all that they got and really enjoyed there gifts. Nate got two more gifts that took some warming up to; his dump truck and his talking Buzz Light-year! We do gifts for our animals too! Bentley got a gigantic bone which was funny to see him carry around. Kids got to play with all their toys until we left for Holiday #3.

Christmas 2009 055 Christmas 2009 057

Christmas 2009 061

Ho Ho Holiday #3

By 3:30 we were off to my in-laws. More gifts and a wonderful meal awaited. My father-in-law is a wonderful cook and made the best spread this year. Beef roast with all the fixings and cheesecake for dessert. But before all that the kids had to open their gifts. Now you think that it is the kids who are impatient. No, no grandma and grandpa can’t wait! This is their favorite time of year. My father-in-law works for 4 weeks decorating. He puts up 3 Christmas trees. The first being a 16 ft tree in the living room. Decorated with at least 10,000 lights and thousands of glass and handmade ornaments (some which he made). The second tree is a 12 ft three in the sunroom which has a Victorian theme. Pearls, crystals, candles and paper ornaments decorate that tree. Thirdly is a small tree in their bedroom decorated with birds and snow tipped as if it just came in from the outside. He makes all the mantle pieces and the decorations for the stairway. It is amazing and beautiful. So the kids made out pretty well for Christmas. Audrey got a TV for her bedroom. We got it all hooked up and now I can’t keep Nate off her bed. They both enjoy watching it. Nate got a playhouse for outside and a rollercoaster for him to ride. Both brought big smiles and that’s all he wanted to do. He didn’t want to sit at the dinner table and eat. So, frustrating when you just want to relax and enjoy the night. As mentioned early, the decoration don’t allow me to let a 2 year old run around unsupervised. It was a wonderful Christmas and look forward to celebrating 3 birthdays in January. Nate’s is the 4th, Matt’s the 10th and Audrey’s the 28th. Hers will be the big one with a party!

Christmas 2009 067 scan0017

Christmas 2009 074Christmas 2009 080

We also enjoyed baking with my new cookie pan. It was easy to make and easy to clean and the cookies were yummy. Audrey visited Santa at the library. I also have some cute pics of Nate with Matt and Nate trying to ride Bentley!

7 comments:

Destini said...

My goodness, looks like the kids really made out for Christmas! 4am, wow, I was lucky, my kids were in bed until almost 8! What beautiful decorations your father-in-law puts up! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

My goodness the tree at your in-laws house must have taken forever to decorate! What a fabulous Christmas the kids had. Happy New Year!

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! What a wonderful Christmas you all had! I love the gorgeous huge tree your father in law decorated! That truely is amazing, all the work he puts into it all! Wow, a TV for Audrey! We have the same play house!!! I got it for Akela's birthday last year and all 3 girls love it! I hear ya on the January birthdays! Akela will be 5 on the 13th and Sonya will be 2 on the 16th! Busy, busy, busy!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kim said...

OMG! That 16 foot tree is magnificent! If I showed my dad he wouls be so jealous as his 12 foot tree would pale in comparison! That must be some undertaking! WOW!
The kids obviously had an unbelievable Christmas. I cannot even imagine 4 am. I actually had to wake Preston up this year. I feel like the holidays went so fast this year and before you know it we will have the kids all dressed up for Easter!

Rosie said...

WOW what a beautiful tree and your in laws... Your father in law did a great job.. I'm glad you guys had fun and the kids enjoyed it... The best part is spending it with loved ones and openning gifts.. Happy New Year

Greene Family said...

WOW! What an amazing Christmas! The tree your father-in-law decorates is beautiful! That would take me so long to decorate - so many beautiful ornaments and tons of lights! I can just imagine how much the kids love it - all three trees - I would just sit and look at them all day long! It looks like Audrey and Nate must have gotten everything they asked for and more this Christmas! I love Nate's roller coaster! Great pictures - your kids are so cute, and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time celebrating!

Anthea said...

Great to see that you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope that the year ahead is filled with joy and happiness. xox

PS: that Christmas tree of your FIL is amazing & your Christmas tree is just gorgeous....I LOVE the elegance of it!

Search This Blog