CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Happy Anniversary!!

I can’t believe that December 28 is our 8 year anniversary. I have been so blessed to have found my best friend and soul-mate for life. Although it’s been 8 years of marriage. Matt and I have been together for 11 years. I love you so much Matt! We have had a wonderful life and 2 beautiful children. Thank-you for all our precious memories.

Matt and I met by chance. The funny thing was, how many mutual friends we had, yet we never met before that night. Some girlfriends and I had met up with these boys (one being Matt) and were hanging out having a good time. My friends chose to drink. I chose not to. My friend had been the one to drive us and refused to leave. I argued with her about getting back home (it was late) but she didn’t want to come. She offered to drive me home but she wanted to come back. I knew better then to let her behind the wheel. We argue about this for half an hour before Matt offered to drive me home. My knight in shining armor! The next day we ran into each other at a friends Halloween party and enjoyed talking with each other, so much so that I broke my curfew (only 19 living with mom and dad). I thought I had made a good friend and never knew what this relationship was going to blossom into. I knew after a week he was something special. After 3 months we had enough courage to say the “L” word (love you) and at 6 months we were talking about getting married. I made him wait an official year before he popped the question. Old fashioned parents wouldn’t question it after a year long courtship. We were engaged for 2 years as I was finishing school and on December 28, 2001 Matt and I wed.

scan0013

scan0014

5 comments:

Destini said...

Congratulations! Beautiful wedding picture!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 8 years of marriage!

Kim said...

Congrats on your anniversary. What a gorgeous couple! I wish you many more years of happiness together!!!

Greene Family said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more years of happiness! I always love hearing stories of how couples met! Beautiful wedding pictures!

Melissa Swartley said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary!!! Gorgeous photos!

Search This Blog