CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Our Easter!!

I feel like I’m starting to catch up on all my blogging. Audrey understood April Fool’s day this year and enjoyed telling me I had spiders in my hair!!

We had another craze of sickness hit the house. Audrey had a sinus and double ear infection and was put on antibiotics. Two days after that Nate got sick and after 4 days of not getting better took him to the doctors. Our regular doctor was out so we had another in the practice. He said Nate had a cold (not what Audrey had) but his ears looked a little red. For the most part the tubes in his ears have been working well. So Nate was put on Augmenten. He doesn’t favor well on this stuff. He refused to take it and raspberried back into my face. What I did get down caused diaper rash and mild diarrhea. After a couple days I called the doctors and the nurse told me to mix with yogurt. Finally, I was getting it down him. Two days after that, at night Nate broke out in a rash on his arms. It looked like a bad sunburn and hives showed up on his back and legs. I stopped the antibiotic and called the doctors office the next morning. Although not 100% positive, the doctor determine a mild allergic reaction to the antibiotics. We now have to stay away from Penicillin. To top that off, Audrey came down with gastroenteritis which she gave to her dad and Nate. For Nate it hit right around Easter. He already had diarrhea from the antibiotics and now this. Poor kid lost 2 pounds.

Easter morning and once again it was like Christmas. Audrey was up early checking everything out and wanting us to get up too. Not going to happen. But once we were up, I snatched the camera and the kids dug through their baskets. Next was the egg hunt. The Easter bunny took the easier route and hid candy filled plastic Easter eggs. Sorry, no dying eggs this year. No one likes hard-boiled eggs and I didn’t want the mess or fuss after everyone being sick again!

april 2010 096 april 2010 098   april 2010 099 april 2010 101

Later we went over to Matt’s parents for dinner and the kids found what the Easter bunny left them there.

april 2010 105 april 2010 106 april 2010 107

2 comments:

Destini said...

I hope everyone is sickness free now! Looks like a good Easter anyway! Love the picture of Nate with the carrot bag and his binky, so cute!

Greene Family said...

I hope everyone is feeling better now! So sorry to hear about all of the illness and allergic reaction!
It looks like you guys had a fun Easter! Cute pictures of Audrey and Nate checking out their Easter baskets!

Search This Blog