CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Audrey’s Girl Scout Swaps

Audrey was required to make 100 items to swap. They had to be able to pin them on. Mom’s creative idea turned out to be hard work and for them to come out decent, I had to do it. Felt bad about this, but I am a perfectionist. Can’t put out a crappy product. We made daisy pins.girl scout swaps 001

The girls had a good time. Nate, however, wanted nothing to do with it. He did enjoy a hot dog though!april 2010 089 april 2010 092 april 2010 091 april 2010 090

After they are done, they enjoy what they got. Here are a few of the creations.

girl scout swaps 003 flip-flop, ice cream float, owl, daisy, Easter basket, party in a bag, heart lollipop and a caterpillar. But to get the full effect you need to see what is the beginning of a collections of worthless crap! Yes, those are my words. I hate clutter and things that don’t have a use. So, this is where we parked year #1’s collection!girl scout swaps 002

A shoebox!! I’m sure there is over 100 items in this box. Go Girl Scouts!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, as long as you've learned to let HER make the swaps next time, and you've got 100 examples...you can take a picture of your FAVORITES and PITCH the rest when the shoebox gets full...or RECYCLE...use the ones you don't care to keep...
girl scouts encourage you to keep your favorite SWAPS in a plastic three ring thingie...like a pencil pouch...and very small...your troop could make a jacket out of felt just for pinning swaps to as well...yikes, that's a lot!

Greene Family said...

Those are cute pins, and it looks like Audrey had a lot of fun at the swap! Wow - that is quite a collection already!

Kim said...

I am soooo behind on blogging. I am so sorry your concert with Audrey was cut short due to the stomach bug. Ugh. It always seems these things happen when something fun is planned. I laughed when you said you attend your Facebook job in the morning. I think we all do that!
Your Easter looked like a lot of fun. Nothing like non stop spoiling of the kids! The Easter bunny definitely thought these kids were good!
I am with you on clutter and crap around the house. Preston comes home with a goodie bag I start emptying the crap into the trash. Then I leave the bag alone for two days and usually he will forget about it and I can chuck it. When he asks for it a month later, I'm like ooops!

Melissa Swartley said...

Ditto what Kim said! I am so far behind here! Ah girl scouts... I remember those days! Zoe is begging me to let her join. We'll see... I hear ya on the clutter issue, I'm practically OCD about organization! The daisies are totally cute! Do they get to pin them on their sashes?

Search This Blog