CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

LP Bowling Event

Nathan, Audrey and I attended our 2nd Little People (LP) event. We traveled to Farmington, MI (9mile & Middlebelt) to participate in the LP Bowling event. I was happy that we went even though the small group of people that we knew didn't come. Especially when they said they were going. Anyway, we had a good time and got to meet a new family and mingle with some other people. I'm not the best at meeting new people and flying solo with the kids is bit more of a challenge. Nonetheless, we did meet a great family. Liz and Mike have 4 wonderful children. The two oldest girls are twins and they were very helpful with teaching Audrey to bowl and watching Nathan. Thank-you girls. Their third child is a 2yr old girl with Achondroplasia. She was a cutey and it was nice to talk to Liz about our kids milestones and what it's been like to raise a child with dwarfism. She also has a 5 month old son. So in between all the talking Audrey and I got to bowl. Now, this was Audrey's first time bowling and I thought mom was going to teach her a thing or two. Wrong, I lost to my 5 yr old daughter. Mom got a measly 83 while Audrey whooped my butt with a 104. In that 104 she got two spares, that means she actually knocked all the pins down. Something mom couldn't do and there was bumper rails. I guess I'll have to work on my game. Don't worry, there will be a rematch and I'll fill you in on the details. Oh, and to note, I remember all the gear I had to take for Nate and Audrey but forgot the camera. Sorry no pics :(

No comments:

Search This Blog