CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Where Have I Been?

I feel the need to share a little. I’ve shied away from blogger. I do feel less stress to keep up with it. I’ve been enjoying being a mom. Audrey, as some may know, is in First Grade and way back in September she had her first day. I managed to get a couple of cute pics. She had a rough go, not wanting to be away from mom. But she managed to overcome her fears and is doing a lot better.

First Day First Grade 001First Day First Grade 002

 

Soon after school started we went to Heritage Day at the local township. It was a short, fun filled day and the kids got to see some cool things. Nate really enjoyed the cars and loved the red Mustang! He’s just like his dad! Audrey enjoyed some cotton candy…a little too much. She had a pink beard!

First Day First Grade 004

First Day First Grade 007

Since I was having a good day, I felt overly generous and took the kids out for ice cream. Nate doesn’t like ice cream so he played on the playscape.

First Day First Grade 008This is the slide that Nate would not go down.

First Day First Grade 009This was the slide he would go down.

First Day First Grade 010And this is his technique! On the belly feet first.

That’s all folks!♥

4 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

Glad to hear that Audrey is enjoying school now! Back to school time is pretty nerve wracking and I think that holds true for not just parents but most kids too! Nate is so silly choosing the crazy slide over the straight one! I love his technique though! I hear ya on spending more time with family away from Blogger, and the internet itself for that matter! I have started cutting down on my time spent online... down to just an hour a day and I do usually do it at night after the kids go to bed or during Sonya's nap during the day (that is if she actually takes one!). It feels geat to have all of my goals accomplished, house cleaning and appointments/phone calls up to date and also enjoy all the activities my kids love to do! Bravo to you for taking the needed break! Hugs!!

Kim said...

Nice to have you back! I'm glad Audrey has adapted to school! It is hard to keep up with blogging and facebook and the internet. I tend to do facebook in the morning before work on my BlackBerry. Blogging, after Pres goes to bed I will comment on a few. But I'm in front of a computer screen all day at work, so it is nice to take a break at night.
Nate is a silly goose! Good for him going down that slide all by himself. He is really brave at such a young age!

Yiannakis Family said...

So glad to see you're blogging again (even though the post is a week old and I'm just getting around to reading it!) I would love to keep up with our blog more frequently, but life just gets in the way sometimes. Oh well, we all catch up eventually.
I'm glad Audrey is fairing better at school. We had a lot of issues with Peyton starting 1st grade this year too, bu he seems to be adapting now.
What a daredevil Nate is?! I love his outgoing personality and the fact that he chooses to go down the tube slide on his belly rather than the little straight slide!!

Greene Family said...

I'm glad that Audrey is enjoying school now! Nate is too cute going down the windy slide on his belly! Jude likes to slide on his belly too!
I'm glad you are blogging again! I know you feel though . . . I always feel so far behind with keeping up with blogging, FB, e-mails . . . family is much much more important! Of course, if I don't post pictures of my boys, relatives call and ask why I haven't posted lately. :) All of my work is done on the computer too, so by the weekend, I usually completely avoid the computer.

Search This Blog