CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
**Nathan was born January 2008 with Achondroplasia dwarfism. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. This blog welcomes a look into our family as we raise our son as a Little Person.**

Lost Footage

Last year I was blessed with an abundant garden. This year I slacked off some and it shows. I got my garden in late and then hot weather hit. It took a toll on my little seedlings and stunted their growth. My yellow bell peppers are puny. I’m waiting on cukes and tomatoes and the other broccoli. I’m happy I got something.

july 005

Here’s Audrey with her friend Serenity. They had a sleepover that went really well. I swear these two are twins separated at birth. I’m really bummed that they won’t be going to the same elementary school together. Means I will have to schedule more play dates!

july 010

We did get outside for some pool action before rain came. Nate loves the water and I can’t wait to sign up for swim lessons. I also can’t believe that I got action pictures with my slow camera.

july 014 july 015july 016 

We’ve had some fun shopping excursions! We stopped at Traverse City Pie Co. for some cookies and coffee after lunch. You can see the kids enjoyed them. Not sure if you can see Nate behind that big cookie!

Laura phone 004 Laura phone 005

Then it was off to Trader Joe’s. My mom raves about the store which is at least 40 min from my house. Me not so impressed. The kids found these shopping carts, which I have heard are quite the rave. I did find a delicious chocolate bar! But not worth a 40 min drive.

Laura phone 006

So Friday I needed to hit Sam’s Club. The only place I buy diapers. Once again it’s after lunch but my lil’ man was worn out from the previous shopping day. He actually fell asleep while sitting in the cart. I pulled out the changing pad and a spare set of clothes to make a bed. I guess it was good enough. He got about a 30 minute nap in the cart!

Laura phone 007

kids 001

Cheesy Nate

kids 002

Cheesy Audrey

Nate finally had a play date with our neighbor. The boys are 6 weeks apart in age. It makes it hard not to compare them and expect Nate to be on the same level. I know that Nate will be there too, he’s just pacing himself. Nate did enjoy giving hugs. I hope that this is a start to a good friendship!

kids 006

Other than that it’s been pretty low key around here. Started some back to school shopping and gearing up for the new school year.

3 comments:

Destini said...

Cute pictures! I don't have the energy to fight the deer, rabbits, ground hogs, and other critters to brave a garden. Good luck getting everyone ready for school, the countdown is on in our house - Taylor has 13 more days of summer camp then off to school!

Kim said...

congrats on you even attempting to plant a garden in this miserable summer heat we are having. Just love all the pictures-I am with you on Trader Joes. Not my thing. And those little carts. I hate them. Because there are never enough of them for the amount of kids. So funny that picture with Nate asleep at Costco. Once Pres fell asleep there and we put him on my mom's gym mat!
So cute to see Audrey and her best friend. Hopefully play dates will keep them together. I didn't go to the same school as two of my childhood friends who are still my best friends today!

Greene Family said...

Glad to hear that you got something out of your garden! I slacked off on ours this year too . . . just too hot out this summer to keep up with it well.
Adorable pictures of your Nate and Audrey! Cute pool pics! Yay for fun play dates!
I'm with you on the Trader Joes. We have several friends that just love that store, and we just don't get it.
Good luck getting ready for the school year!

Search This Blog